Sunday, August 14, 2016

What has changed after you became atheist

I am completely a different person after I have become an atheist. My outlook towards life has changed. I am from a developing nation and our daily routine is full of challenges. Every day, when I woke up from the bed, I may have to face a new problem. My house water supply would have stopped or maybe the power is cut. There may have been a theft last night and my car tires would have been stolen or my car stereo is missing. I may be earning just enough to care of necessary expenses. I know that I will never be able to buy a house. The problems are endless.

   In such an atmosphere, whether you believe in god or not makes a lot of difference. When you believe in god, you believe in fate. Then you accept the problem as it is, you don't take steps to solve the problem or the process of solving the problem becomes much slower because you believe that this was bound to happen. Your daily routine is also affected. You go to the temple daily to pray to your god to make life easier for you but that never happens. And this infinite cycle goes on.

     Your decision-making skills are also affected. Taking risk is another thing but submitting yourself to a wrong decision with a hope that God will fix everything for you.  And once again, that never happens and the life goes on with the false hope and an imaginary god who does not exist.

    You waste a lot of time in praying to god, going to temples, performing rituals. This wasted time, you could have used to solve your problems instead.

    Living with false hope and an imaginary god is much more dangerous than living struggling with problems.

    The day when you understand this, then you feel more relaxed and confident. You start to plan things. You start to become more organized. You start giving time to more important things such as your fitness. You start to learn new things which you always dreamt about. You start giving time to yourself.

   The day when you become an atheist may come to you all of a sudden but it takes time for this thought to mature. Gradually, you start to understand the true meaning of living a life without God, without fancy things which you always believed to be true. I wish I would have learned this truth much before.  I would have enjoyed my life even more.

But whatever has happened has happened, I am a happy atheist now.

I am an atheist. I am not nationalist. I am not immoral.  I like to take care of the people around me. I want my society to progress. I want everyone around me to be happy. I don't like to ridicule you. It does not matter to me whether you believe in god or not but what matters to me is that you are unhappy because of your belief in god. You have not taken the responsibility of your own problems. Life is short and you have to fight your own problems.

 

No comments: